During their first virtual board meeting on Wednesday, April 1, the PUSD Board of Trustees unanimously approved a resolution designating identified District construction projects as Essential Governmental Functions, which will therefore continue activity as Essential Business. The resolution authorizes the identified construction projects to continue in compliance with Governor Newsom’s Executive Order and direction from the Alameda County Department of Public Health.
Governor Newsom’s Executive Order issuing the Shelter in Place noted that: “schools are critical to the daily lives of many Californians.” PUSD is providing distance/remote learning opportunities for students to comply with the Governor’s Shelter in Place order to protect the health and well-being of the community. The timely completion of specific construction projects are required for the District to provide educational programs in safe, accessible, and structurally sound facilities that support student health and safety when the Order is lifted and PUSD schools are able to resume.
Construction projects that will continue to move forward include:
- Telecommunications, voice-over-IP (VOIP) and communications upgrades Districtwide
- Library rebuild at Harvest Park Middle School
- Roofing and HVAC replacement and repair at Fairlands and Alisal Elementary as well as Pleasanton and Harvest Park Middle Schools
- First phase of the Lydiksen Elementary School rebuild
- Fencing at Hearst and Valley View Elementary as well as Pleasanton Middle School
- Geotechnical investigations for the new grade 4-5 elementary school and Hart Middle School Science Building; and follow up work related to the Amador Valley High School Solar Project.
The specific project listed above will move forward in compliance with the Governor’s Order as well as Social Distancing Requirements and other health orders deemed necessary by the local and regional health authorities to the greatest extent possible.
We will communicate additional updates and guidance related to the current fluid situation as we learn more.