Summer Enrichment: Elementary, Middle, and High School
As part of the Enrichment Summer Programming for 2022, Educational Options is offering key courses for original credit open on an opt-in basis for high school students (including rising 9th graders. These classes are free opportunities for original credit during the summer term for our high school students.
- Each course earns 10 credits (2 semesters’ credit).
- These courses will be held in-person at Amador Valley High School from 6/13 - 7/22 and students must attend the entire time.
- Students attend Monday - Friday, 8:45am - 1:15pm with a 20 minute lunch.
- Each student will have approximately 10 hours of homework to complete each week. This homework is mandatory.
- Courses include approximately 180 hours of curriculum.
- Grading Policy: The PUSD grading policy is in place: A, B, C, D, F.
- Students who drop the course or are dropped from the course after the drop date (6/17/22) have a grade recorded on their transcript; this includes rising 9th grade students taking Geometry.
- Students will be dropped upon the second absence from class.
- Students should NOT plan vacations during this time; a vacation will not be an excused absence, and the student will be dropped from the course.
- Any absence needs to be cleared by the Summer Enrichment administrator and teacher prior to the absence.
- The enrollment window for eligible students will open for students starting on Monday, April 25th at 8am and ending on Friday, May 13th at 4pm.
- Students will be enrolled by lottery if there are more applications than space in the class.
- To be eligible to enroll, students must have completed applicable recommended prerequisite courses for the course they are enrolling in. (Prerequisites can be found on the PUSD High School Course Catalog)
- Students must be enrolled in a PUSD High School for the 22-23 school year.
- Courses available to students:
“Ready for the Future”
Summer Elementary Enrichment Camp
PUSD is excited to offer Summer Enrichment Camps for students in grades K - 5 in 2022! Students will participate in a variety of engaging and fun rotations in unique subjects designed to get them “Ready for the Future”. Our teachers will guide students through writing, science, technology, and other activities throughout each day.
Lunch will be served each day for students. Session space will be provided on a first come, first serve basis. We will have three different classes: grades K-1, 2-3, 4-5.
Our Enrichment programs are open to all students in the targeted grade levels, whether or not the student is enrolled in PUSD schools.
Please see program details below:
- Grades K-1: Mohr Elementary
- Grades 2-5: Amador Valley High School
Dates and Times:
- Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Session 1: June 27th - July 8th
- Session 2: July 11th - July 22nd
For grades 2-5: For more information and registration links http://bit.ly/PACE-Classes, select Youth and Young Adult from the menu and then select the appropriate grade level for the "Ready for the Future" camp.
For the K-1 camp at Mohr please register through this link: www.ezchildtrack.com/
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
A full refund will be provided if PUSD cancels a course. Enrollment cancellations will be accepted with a full refund or credit if received 10 days prior to the start of the class. Cancellations must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received less than 10 days prior to the first day of class will receive a 50% refund or full credit toward another open class. No refund or credit will be given for cancellations within 72 hours of the start of the class or for non-attendance.
Youth and Young Adult Workshops for Grades 6-12
Students in grades 6-12 will be able to participate in a variety of well-rounded workshops over the summer designed to enrich a student’s academic experience!
Workshops will be offered at Amador Valley High School on between June 20th and July 22nd. Each workshop will have a different schedule. These workshops are fee-based and are open to students in the targeted grade levels, whether or not they are a Pleasanton Unified student.
Please continue to check this webpage for more information as we populate our workshop offerings.