New Student Enrollment
Welcome to the Pleasanton Unified School District! We are excited about your child's entry into our school district!
Enrollment is for students who are new to the school district. Enrollment occurs throughout the school year when a student is going to begin attending a Pleasanton Unified School District school. Students will be enrolled in the district once and registered each year.
Students are enrolled in a school based on their address. The PUSD School Locator will indicate the resident schools (elementary, middle and high) for Pleasanton addresses. Due to increased and growing enrollment at certain school sites for specific grade levels, some families may be assigned to a school other than their school of residence. Therefore, please make every effort to complete your enrollment process early. If your child is overflowed to another school in the District, staff will keep your child on a waitlist and call you during the school year if space becomes available.
Also, please know that the Pleasanton Unified School District does not provide transportation (school buses). Transportation to and from school is the responsibility of each family. There is public transportation available through the Tri-Valley Rapid, Wheels Bus. Please visit the Wheels Bus website for more information regarding routes. Families are also encouraged to set up carpools, ride bikes, and/or walk to and from school, when possible.
ENROLLMENT: 2 STEPS
The Enrollment Checklist is your guide. Please print it and use it as your checklist to ensure you bring the correct documents to your residence school site, otherwise, the school staff may not be able to complete your enrollment.
1. Printed confirmation of the online enrollment information ( from Step 1)
2. Complete Enrollment Form 50750 English Version (Spanish version linked below)
3. Birth Certificate or Passport
4. Immunization records
5. Two (2) proofs of residency – see checklist for a list of acceptable items
6. Complete Enrollment Form (located below)
Please be sure to bring a copy of student immunization records, and a copy of your two proofs of residency to leave with the school site.
Congratulations! Once you have completed the online Pre-enrollment forms and turned in your paperwork to your residence school, you have completed the Enrollment process. New students who are enrolling for the next school year will receive a PIN and password in the mail in the summer to complete the annual Registration update. The annual Registration update will occur in the summer, approximately two weeks before school begins.
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT - IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2020-21
Elementary Schools - Grade Levels: TK-5
- Complete Steps 1 & 2 (see above)
- School sites will begin accepting new enrollments for K & TK from 4 pm to 6:30 pm on the following dates:
- Complete Enrollment Steps 1 & 2 (see above)
- Take all documents to your resident school site
- Complete Enrollment Steps 1&2 (see above)
- Take all documents to the Harvest Park Middle School Office