New Student Enrollment
All New Student Enrollments will be processed at your school of residence. Please follow the steps below in order to complete your new enrollment.
Welcome to the Pleasanton Unified School District! We are excited about your child's entry into our school community!
Enrollment is ONLY for students who are new to the Pleasanton Unified School District. New enrollments are accepted throughout the school year when a new student moves into the Pleasanton Unified School District boundary. Students are enrolled in the district one time and will complete the annual registration process every year at the beginning of each school year.
Students are enrolled in a school-based on their address. The PUSD School Locator will indicate the resident schools (elementary, middle, and high) for Pleasanton addresses. Due to increased and growing enrollment at certain school sites for specific grade levels, some families may be assigned to a school other than their school of residence. Therefore, please make every effort to complete your enrollment process early. If your child is overflowed to another school in the District, staff will keep your child on a waitlist and call you during the school year if space becomes available.
Also, please know that the Pleasanton Unified School District does not provide transportation (school buses). Transportation to and from school is the responsibility of each family There is public transportation available through the Tri-Valley Rapid Wheels Bus. Please visit the Wheels Bus website for more information regarding routes. In addition to transportation by individual car, families are also encouraged to have their child walk to and from school ride a bike or scooter.
2022-23 New Student Enrollment:
- TK, Kindergarten, Grades 1-12 New Student enrollment for the 2022-23 school year opened on February 7, 2022.
- The first day of school for the 22/23 school year is August 10, 2022.
- State eligibility for Kindergarten: The child must turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022.
- State eligibility for Transitional Kindergarten: The child must turn 5 between 9/2/2022- 2/2/2023.
- Parents of current PUSD TK students do not need to complete the online enrollment for Kindergarten.
- Monday, February 28, 2022, is the deadline for completed enrollment packages to be received and verified in order to be included in a lottery, should one be necessary at your resident school site.
- Enrollments received after February 28, 2022, are received on a first-come, first-serve basis. If a school site does not have space remaining in that particular grade level, the student will be overflowed (placed) at one of our other PUSD schools
- Please visit our TK/Kindergarten FAQ page for answers to the commonly asked questions about new student enrollment.
- The information shared at the Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten Parent Information Meetings can be found here.
You must currently be a resident of Pleasanton and have two proofs of residency to complete this process. If you are moving into Pleasanton over the summer (June, July, or August), please wait until you have moved in to enroll.
To begin the enrollment process, parents/guardians must complete, submit and print the online pre-enrollment. Directions for completing the online pre-enrollment are available in English or Spanish.
Compile all required documents for submission prior to completing your enrollment with the school site.
The Enrollment Checklist is required with every new enrollment packet. Please print and include the enrollment checklist to ensure you have all the required documents to complete the enrollment process for each student.
- Printed confirmation of the Q online pre-enrollment information (from Step 1)
- Completed and signed Enrollment Form 50750 English Version or Spanish Version (from Step 2)
- Housing Questionnaire (from Step 4)
- Copy of Birth Certificate or Passport
- Two (2) proofs of residency (See acceptable documents below)
Student’s IEP or 504 Plan if applicable
High School Students should provide the latest report card or transcript
Proof of residency: These are the 8 acceptable items. Please provide any combination of 2. Current utility bill or statement showing service turned on in your name at that address for either:
- Rental/lease agreement if less than 30 days from origin and confirmation of utility service
- Close of escrow “Final Buyers Statement” if less than 30 days from move in date and confirmation of utility service
- Affidavit of Residence (if needed) An Affidavit is used when the parent/guardian does not have two proofs of residency in their own name. Please contact your school of residence to request an Affidavit of Residence if needed.
The completed enrollment packet, including the enrollment checklist should be delivered to your school of residence in order to complete the enrollment process.
Alisal - Amy Wood - [email protected]
Donlon - Samantha Thomas - [email protected]
Fairlands - Angela Gervasoni - [email protected]
Hearst - Debi Patterson - [email protected]
Lydiksen – Elizabeth Casares [email protected]
Mohr - Tennille Ubungen- [email protected]
Valley View - Pamel Patzi Flores- [email protected]
Vintage Hills - Sharyn Roloff- [email protected]
Walnut Grove - Kristine Cozzo - [email protected]
Pleasanton Virtual Academy - Tara Sheehan - [email protected]
(For Kindergarten 22/23 Enrollments ONLY)
Please fill out the questionnaire at the following link: Preschool Survey
MIDDLE SCHOOL ENROLLMENT:
Please email the completed enrollment packet to the registrar at your school of residence.
Thomas Hart Middle School - Elicia Garrett-[email protected]
Harvest Park Middle School- Ashley Shier- [email protected]
Pleasanton Middle School - Joy Iwata - [email protected]
Hart Middle School Scheduling Forms linked below.
Pleasanton Middle School Scheduling Links:
HIGH SCHOOL ENROLLMENT:
For more detailed information regarding the enrollment process and for course selection for our high schools, please visit their respective websites linked below:
AVHS-Scheduling Forms- AVHS Enrollment Information
FHS-Scheduling Forms- FHS 2022-2023 Course Selection Worksheet - See bottom tabs to select by Grade
High School Registrars:
Amador Valley High School - Anne Straub- [email protected]
Foothill High School - Janet Burnett - [email protected]
Village High School - Becky Boekweg- [email protected]