TK & K Parent Enrollment Timeline and Meetings for 2020-21
Parents who are planning to register their children for Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten (TK) in the Pleasanton Unified School District (for the 2020-21 school year) are invited to attend one of our parent meetings:
- Wednesday, January 15, 6-7 p.m.: Valley View Elementary, Multi-purpose room (480 Adams Way). English & en Espanol
- Thursday, January 16, 6-7 p.m.: Lydiksen Elementary, Multi-purpose room (7700 Highland Oaks Dr.).
- Wednesday January 22, 6-7 p.m.: Fairlands Elementary, Multi-purpose room (4151 West Las Positas Blvd.).
- Tuesday January 28, 9-10 a.m.: District Office, Bernal Room (4665 Bernal Ave). Mandarin Translation Available
- Tuesday January 28, 10:15-11:15 a.m.: District Office, Bernal Room (4665 Bernal Ave). Korean Translation Available
Spanish Dual Language Immersion Informational Night
If you are interested in learning about the District's Spanish Dual Immersion program, attend this informational night to learn more about the details. Also, be sure to sign up for a tour! Parents will walk through the classrooms during the school day to see the program in action.
- Wednesday January 29, 6-7 p.m.: Valley View Elementary, Multi-purpose room (480 Adams Way).
The Parent Information session will review information related to:
• Enrollment and registration Procedures
• What to expect during Kindergarten (K) and Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
• Dual Immersion Program
• Kids Club, before and after school onsite child care
• Health Services information, including required immunizations before starting school
- Children must turn 5 years old, on or before September 1st.
- Child must turn 5 years old on or between September 2nd to December 2nd.
Enrollment Timeline for TK, Kindergarten and any new students TK-5th Grade (2020-21 School Year)
Online Enrollment is the first step in the enrollment process. It gets the student set up in the PUSD system. Complete this step before attending the Neighborhood Registration night in February. Attending Registration night is the next step in the enrollment process. February 28th is the last day for completed enrollment packets to be received and verified at the school site, in order to be included in a lottery, if necessary.
Enrollments received after February 28th are received on a first come, first serve basis. If a school site does not have space remaining in that particular grade level, the student will be overflowed (placed) at one of our other PUSD schools.
Registration Nights are held at the school sites from 4:00-6:30 pm in the school Multipurpose Room (MPR) on the following evenings. Please bring all of the necessary paperwork (from our checklist, including the proof of online enrollment) to your resident school site according to the following schedule.
|Tuesday, February 4, 2020||Wednesday, February 5, 2020||Thursday, February 6, 2020|
|Valley View||Vintage Hills||Lydiksen|