The Inter-District process is used for students coming in from or going to another district - transferring from one district into or out of Pleasanton.
Requesting INTO Pleasanton
1. Obtain Inter-District transfer form from your school district of residence.
2. Complete form and attach necessary documentation (as outlined on page 2 of Alameda Co request form)
3. Submit to your resident school district for approval.
4. Typically, the resident school district will send your form to PUSD, Student Support Services Department. However, depending on the district, they may allow you to hand carry the approved form to PUSD. If so, submit the form to Pleasanton's Student Support Services Department at 215 Abbie Street, Pleasanton, CA. 94566.
5.If your child has any special needs, or has been receiving special educational services, a current IEP/504 must be attached with the Inter-District transfer form.
6.Please do not un-enroll your student from their current school unless you have received an approval letter from PUSD.
Requesting OUT OF Pleasanton
1. Complete the Inter District Form (attached below)
2. Submit to Pleasanton Unified School District Office, Student Support Services for approval
- Pleasanton's Student Support Services Department is located at 215 Abbie Street, Pleasanton, CA. 94566.
- Hours Monday-Friday 8am-4pm, during the month of July, we are closed on Friday's.
3. PUSD reviews and processes your request.
4. If approved, take the Inter-District transfer form to the school district to which you are applying.
5. They will then notify you of their decision (usually by mail).
Family Residential Moves
When parents move, they must inform the school within five (5) days. Students whose parents who move within the Pleasanton Unified School District may either remain at the school they have been attending if it is not considered an "impacted school"; or register in the school in their new attendance area. If the former school of residence is considered an "impacted school," a continuing open enrollment form must be completed to determine if the student may remain at the school for the remainder of that academic year. At the end of the academic year, parents must complete an open enrollment form. The definition of an "impacted school" is a school in which enrollment exceeds staff allocation.
For parents who move out of Pleasanton Unified School District, an Inter-district transfer is required in order to allow their student to continue in Pleasanton Unified School District. To initiate the transfer, the parent needs to contact their new district of residence. Approval of inter-district transfers is based on space availability and is not guaranteed. If your request is not approved, you would need to enroll your student in the district that you reside.
See Interdistrict Attendance–Regulation 5117