Current Proposition 39 (California Clean Energy Jobs Act) Projects
Proposed Solar System: Fun Facts
· Approximately 1 megawatt (MW) Photovoltaic Solar Array (PV Array) located in the student and staff parking lot on Santa Rita Road;
· Solar is expected to be paired with a 324 kilowatt (kW) battery energy storage system (BESS);
· The PV Array is anticipated to generate more than 1.6 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity in the first year of production, and 38 million kWh over the 25 year term;
· The BESS is anticipated to reduce annual demand by 2,790 kW per year;
· With no upfront cost to the District, the PV and BESS Project is collectively estimated to save the District more than $95,000 in the first year and more than $2.2 million in electricity costs over the lifetime of the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA);
· The lifetime energy production of the PV Array is equivalent to avoiding more than 60.3 million pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. That is the amount of carbon sequestered by 32,200+ acres of forests in one year.
· The PV Array will offset the amount of CO2 emissions from 3,082,000 gallons of gasoline!· Intended to be installed during the summer of 2019 and fully operational by the end of the year.
Amador Valley High School Solar Parking Structure Project
The Amador Valley High School student parking lot on Santa Rita Road will be receiving an eco-friendly upgrade with a new solar structure next school year. This new solar structure will allow our Amador community to reduce its carbon footprint, provide a long-term source of renewable energy and create covered parking for our students in a new re-oriented lot (see conceptual design below).
The new re-oriented lot will also include a number of safety improvements, including additional crosswalks.
While we continue to work to have the parking lot available as soon as possible for the 2019-2020 school year, we do anticipate a majority of the parking lot to be closed through mid-October 2019. Please see the construction timeline and link below for more information.
Our goal will be to provide transportation options for our students and families to make the start of the 2019-2020 school year as smooth as possible.
Get current information about our efforts: