Current Proposition 39 (California Clean Energy Jobs Act) Projects
Proposed Solar System: Fun Facts
· Approximately 1 megawatt (MW) Photovoltaic Solar Array (PV Array) located in the student and staff parking lot on Santa Rita Road;
· Solar is expected to be paired with a 324 kilowatt (kW) battery energy storage system (BESS);
· The PV Array is anticipated to generate more than 1.6 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity in the first year of production, and 38 million kWh over the 25 year term;
· The BESS is anticipated to reduce annual demand by 2,790 kW per year;
· With no upfront cost to the District, the PV and BESS Project is collectively estimated to save the District more than $95,000 in the first year and more than $2.2 million in electricity costs over the lifetime of the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA);
· The lifetime energy production of the PV Array is equivalent to avoiding more than 60.3 million pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. That is the amount of carbon sequestered by 32,200+ acres of forests in one year.
· The PV Array will offset the amount of CO2 emissions from 3,082,000 gallons of gasoline!· Intended to be installed during the summer of 2019 and fully operational by the end of the year.