Pleasanton has a proud history of support for its public schools, which were established in 1867 – even before the city was incorporated. Today, Pleasanton Unified School District serves over 14,500 students in nine elementary schools, three middle schools, two comprehensive high schools. and one continuation high school.
Classified positions are those positions within the Pleasanton Unified School District that do not require a credential. These positions include paraeducators, clerical/technical positions at the school sites and at the district office, custodial and maintenance employees, groundskeepers, child nutrition assistants, child care workers and many more.
Our classified employees have offered the following responses as to why they have chosen to work in Pleasanton.
- I enjoy making a positive difference to improve the lives of children.
- I belong to a great team.
- The District takes pride in maintaining the facilities.
- It is a great job – either full time or part time – with pro-rated benefits.
- Whether I choose to be a substitute or if I need the flexibility to accept assignments that are scheduled when my children are in school, classified employment offers great options.
Employment with the Pleasanton Unified School District is not complete or official until applicants meet all pre-employment requirements, including Board of Trustee approval. As part of the selection process, all new employees are required to provide the following information:
- New employees must be fingerprinted (paid by employee)
- TB Test within the last 60 days (paid by employee)
- Social Security Card
- Picture Identification
- Proficiency Test – required for all classroom and special education aides
All employees are paid on the last working day of each month. All bargaining unit employees’ pay is annualized over (12) months.
All newly hired bargaining unit employees are probationary for (1) one calendar year from date of hire. All new employees start at step 1 on the salary schedule. Employees receive an annual step increase based on the hire date: (Hire Dates: 1st - 15th, step increase effective on the 1st of the hire month; Hire Dates: 16th - 31st, step increase effective on the 1st day of the following month). There are (5) steps on the salary schedule.
Classified bargaining unit members are entitled to the following benefits pro-rated according to the hours worked by the employee:
- Blue Shield, Kaiser, or PERSChoice medical plans for unit member and family members
- Delta Dental for unit member and family members
- Vision Care plan for unit member and family members
- Long Term Disability Insurance coverage
- Vacation (1 day per month worked)
- Sick Leave (1 day per month worked)
- Membership in the Public Employees Retirement System for all unit members employed at least 20 hours a week
PUSD Benefits Hub (click here)
Salary Schedules (click here)
Classified Work Year Calendar 2022-2023 (click here)
Classified Work Year Calendar 2021-2022 (click here)
Classified Job Descriptions (click here)
Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), MOU'S AND Side Letters (click here)
Classified Application Process
When submitting your on-line application, please be prepared to attach the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- Certificates/Licenses (if applicable)
- Transcripts (if applicable)
- Motor Vehicle Department record for past 5 years if applying as Bus Driver
Bargaining Unit – CSEA
The Pleasanton Unified School District recognizes the California State Employees’ Association as the sole representative of all non-management Classified employees. All issues related to wages, hours and working conditions must be formally bargained before the district can implement them.