Human Resources » FAQs


Human Resources Department

I’ve been fingerprinted for another district.  Why must I be printed again to work for PUSD?
Per the Department of Justice, each applicant must be fingerprinted each time he/she applies with another agency.  Criminal history information is confidential and cannot be shared with any other agency unless authorized by law (Penal Code Section 11142).
My children attend PUSD and I want to volunteer at their school site, what are the steps?  
First, check with the site to see what volunteer options are available.  After you have determined you want to proceed, please complete the Pleasanton Unified School District 2022-23 Volunteer Clearance Form. This form must be completed each school year.  
How do I apply for a position with Pleasanton Unified?
Applications for all positions (Administrative, Certificated and Classified) are now submitted online. Please visit our department webpage to view the current openings and access the online application.  Once your online application has been completed, you must tie it to a posted opening to be considered for a position. When you view an opening of interest, click “apply here” and log in to your application. This will allow your application to be viewable by the hiring authority.
How do I access my application if I have forgotten my log in information?
A link is available as the log‐in screen to retrieve this information.  You may also call Human Resources, at 925‐462‐5500, for help between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

How long will my online application remain active?
If not updated, your application will expire after two years.  If you access this application and update periodically, it will continue to remain active.   
How do I become a teacher in California?
You can find information on the various routes to earn a teaching credential on the CTC website at
I hold a credential from out‐of‐state.  How do I become credentialed in California?
You can apply for a California credential through the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC).  The CTC will issue a credential equivalent to your out‐of‐state credential.  Assistance with the application is recommended through a Credentials Analyst in your hiring district or local County Office of Education.

The CBEST will be required within the first year of your credential issuance unless it is determined that you have completed an equivalent out‐of‐state exam.  You will need to complete the requirements for an English Learner Authorization through a CTEL approved program or by passing the CTEL exam to clear your credential.  Additional requirements will depend on your years of verified experience out‐of‐state.

For more information on obtaining a California credential based on an out‐of‐state credential, visit the CTC website at
For assistance with your credential application, you may contact the Alameda County Office of Education credentials department at (510) 670‐4264 or you may contact Julie Twisselmann at Pleasanton Unified at [email protected]
I am in the process of completing my credential program.  Does your district hire University Interns into certificated positions?
If a fully credentialed applicant is not found, University Interns will be considered for a certificated position.  The Intern would need to provide proof of qualifying for an Internship Credential through their university and must be NCLB compliant.
How do I renew my expiring credential?
On the CTC website, you can renew your credential(s) up to one year prior to the expiration date without losing time.  Your credential will be renewed from your expiration date (not the date of renewal).  To view your credentials eligible for renewal, go to the CTC website at

Who should I contact for issues regarding Certificated employees including credentialing, NCLB compliance, transcript evaluations for added credential authorizations, the hiring and employment process, salary placement, course work pre‐approval for salary credit, seniority and status questions, and leaves of absence?
Please contact  Julie Twisselmann at [email protected]