Student Services FAQ’S
- Q: I am interested in moving to Pleasanton and would like to see an attendance area map.
- A: Maps are available from the School Site Locater. That link is on the home page in About Us.
- Q: I am moving to Pleasanton and would like to know which school my child will be attending?
- A: Each school has a residential attendance area. Please use the School Site Locater on the home page: About Us. (Attendance Areas)
- Q: Do I have to live in Pleasanton to register my child?
- A: Yes, you must be a current resident living within the geographical boundaries of the Pleasanton Unified School District to register your child. (Enrollment)
- If you do not live in Pleasanton, but would like to attend one of the schools in Pleasanton, an inter-district transfer is initiated by the parent in the district of residence. (Attendance – Inter-District Transfers Regulation 5117
- Q: I am employed/own a business in Pleasanton, can my child attend one of the schools in Pleasanton?
- A: The district of residence shall be defined as the district where the child resides. A residence is the child and guardian place of domicile during the course of attending school. If the residence is located within boundaries of the Pleasanton Unified School District, the student shall be designated as a resident of the District.
- The parent’s place of business or employment is not defined as the district where the child resides. An inter-district transfer is initiated by the parent in the district of residence. (Attendance – Inter-District Transfers—Regulation 5117)
- How do I register my child?
- Grades K-12 register directly at the resident school.
- Transitional Kindergarten, please call Student Services Department for registration process, 925.426.4290.
- During summer break, register at Student Services Department at 215 Abbie Street, Pleasanton, CA 94566.
A completed Registration Form 50750 and required documents MUST be provided before registration is considered complete and the child is permitted to attend school. Please review New Student Enrollment in Enrollment.
- Will my child be able to attend his/her school of resident?
- When all classes at a given grade level reach class maximums, the child will be overflowed to a school where space is available. The child will be placed on a waiting list based on enrollment date and move-in date. The student’s resident school will notify the child’s parent when space becomes available, and the parent will have the option of having the child remain at the school the child was overflowed to or attend the resident school. (Enrollment)
- Can my child attend a different school other than his/her resident school?
- If you would like your child to attend a different school, other than his/her resident school, a parent/guardian must complete an Open Enrollment form. The decision will be based on space availability. (Enrollment)
- Can my child attend Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten?
- For school year 2016/2017, a child is eligible for admission to Transitional Kindergarten if the child will have his/her fifth birthday between September 2, 2011 through December 2, 2011. (Transitional kindergarten is a two-year program.)
- A child is eligible to attend Kindergarten during the first school month if the child will have his/her fifth birthday on or before:
September 1, 2015 for school year 2016/2017.
- Can my child remain at his/her current school if I move within Pleasanton but in a different school of resident?
- If you have a change of residence with the Pleasanton Unified School District during the school year, you must show proof of residence for the new address to your current school site.
You have three options:
- The child may remain at the school of attendance for the balance of the school year, if space is available, by completing an Interim Open Enrollment form.
- The child may remain at the school of attendance through 5th grade, 8th grade, or 12th grade as a continuing student.
- The child may immediately enroll in the school designated for her/her new address if space is available. If space is not available, the child may remain at the school of attendance until space becomes available at their resident school.
(See Attendance page for further details)
- What do I need to do if I move out of the Pleasanton Unified School District?
- If you have a change of residence outside the boundaries of Pleasanton Unified School District during the school year, you must notify your resident school of your new address AND complete an Inter-District Transfer form from the district of your new resident. (Attendance)
- What are the immunization requirements for my child?
- Please review the Immunizations link.
- I am unable to locate my child’s immunization record, can I register my child?
- If the child is transferring from one public school within California to another public school in California, you have thirty (30) days to provide the proof of immunization. After thirty (30) days with no valid immunization, you will receive a “Notice of Exclusion from School Attendance.”Students entering Kindergarten, transferring from a private school, transferring from out-of-state or out-of-country, you MUST provide the resident school with the required immunization records. (Immunizations)
- I cannot locate my high school diploma. Can I get a copy of my high school diploma?
- No, unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with an additional high school diploma. Student Services can provide you with an official copy of your transcript.
- How do I obtain an official copy of my transcript?
- Please review the Student Transcript and Education Verification tab under our Student Services website with directions on how to obtain an official copy of your transcript.