Local Control and Accountability Plan
Local Control Advisory Committee (LCAC)
Pleasanton Unified School District has a Local Control Advisory Committee (LCAC). The Advisory Committee members’ responsibility is to advise the Board and the Superintendent about supporting the District Strategic Plan with resources from our Local Control Funding Formula. As indicated in Board Policy 1220, "The Board shall establish citizen advisory committees to strengthen the effectiveness of district and school operations, or to enhance student learning."
The members of the Local Control Advisory Committee will serve a minimum two-year-term. The membership of the committee should reflect the diversity of the community and the student body. Additionally, at least three community members will be selected representing one or more of the following areas:
- Low Income
- Foster/Kinship Youth
- English Learners
MINIMUM MAKEUP OF THE COMMITTEE:
• Eight Community Members (Community members are not to be employees or members
of the immediate family of PUSD employees or Board Members.)
• One student (not immediate family member of an employee or board member)
• One member of the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
• One representative from the Classified School Employees Association (CSEA)
• One representative from the Association of the Pleasanton Teachers (APT)
• Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
• Assistant Superintendent of Business Services
COMMITMENT: Members are required to attend meetings of the full committee on the Third Tuesday of the month from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Pleasanton Unified School District Offices at 4665 Bernal Ave, Pleasanton. Additional time commitments may be necessary at times.
- Under the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) model, supplemental grants that reflect student demographic factors will be provided to Districts to support targeted student groups.
- To ensure that the District budget is aligned with the priorities of the State for these supplemental funds, a plan called the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) is required.
- The LCAP must include Specific Actions with a Description of Expenditures and must be adopted annually by the Board of Trustees prior to the adoption of the District budget.
Local Control Advisory Committee Meetings
All meetings will be held in the Pleasanton Unified School District Office Board Room, located at 4665 Bernal Avenue, Pleasanton.
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday September 28, 2021
- Tuesday October 19, 2020
- November - No meeting
- Tuesday December 21,2021
- Tuesday January 18, 2022
- Tuesday February 15, 2022
- Tuesday March 15, 2022
- Tuesday April 12, 2022
- Tuesday May 17, 2022
- Tuesday June 21, 2022
Board Approved LCAP and Appendices
Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF)
The Local Control Funding Formula is California’s new school funding formula, enacted in 2013. Click the link below to find out more about LCFF from the California Department of Education (CDE).
Archived LCAC Agendas and Documents