The Pleasanton Unified School District is part of the Tri-Valley Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA), a consortium of participating school districts, which include:
- Dublin USD
- Livermore Valley USD
- Pleasanton USD
- Sunol Glen SD
- Mt. House SD
- Alameda County Office of Education
The Tri-Valley SELPA was formed for the purpose of ensuring that quality special education programs and services are available throughout the Tri-Valley. These school districts coordinate services to identified special education children guaranteeing the provision of special education programs and services of sufficient size and scope as to meet the unique needs of the identified children from birth to 22 years of age residing within the Tri-Valley SELPA boundaries.
For information on services, programs, assessments, etc., contact the Special Education office for PUSD at (925) 426-4293 (not the SELPA office) so we may assist you and answer your questions.
- Tri-Valley SELPA Parent's Guide (English)
- Tri-Valley SELPA Parent's Guide (Spanish)
- Child Find Brochure
Web version of our Parents Guide (English)
SELPA Parent / Community Email List
The SELPA email list is an easy new way to stay connected with what’s happening throughout our local SELPA member districts.
Subscribers will be sent:
- Details regarding upcoming SELPA meetings and workshops approximately two weeks prior to each scheduled meeting or workshop.
- Late-breaking news regarding important special education topics will be sent by the Tri-Valley SELPA staff.
- Non-SELPA workshops, events, etc. offered by non-profit local agencies regarding special education.
The Tri-Valley SELPA email list can be sent to more than one email address. To arrange for more than one address please feel free to subscribe as many times as you wish. This service is our way to stay better connected with the parents, guardians and educators throughout the Tri-Valley SELPA. Join now!