A work permit is a document that students under 18 years of age must obtain after they have been offered employment.
Work Permit Procedure
- Students must have a job in order to get a work permit
- Download and print the “STATEMENT OF INTENT TO EMPLOY A MINOR AND REQUEST FOR A WORK PERMIT” form, or pick one up at the Pleasanton Unified School District office located at 5758 W. Las Positas Blvd.
- The minor completes and signs the first section, including Social Security number. The parent or legal guardian completes and signs the second section. The employer completes and signs the third section, making sure they print their name and include the business phone number. The final section is completed by the school district.
- Bring the form to the Pleasanton Unified School District Office located at 5758 W. Las Positas Blvd. See hours below. Emailed/scanned copies cannot be accepted.
- The student will pick up their work permit at the district office after receiving an email indicating it’s ready. Please allow two business days for processing. Be prepared to show a photo ID and sign the work permit at the district office.
Dropping off a work permit: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Picking up a work permit: 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., 2:30-4:30 p.m. Please bring a photo ID
- Pleasanton Unified School District may decline issuance of a work permit based on GPA (minimum 2.0 GPA) and or/attendance (minimum 90% attendance)
- Entertainment Permits are also processed by the Pleasanton Unified School District Work Permits Official. Please bring all work/entertainment permit applications to the district office at 5758 W. Las Positas Blvd.