Pleasanton Unified School District proudly welcomes and rewards (e.g., salary stipend) National Board Certified Teachers and encourages new candidates and existing staff to explore National Board certification.
What makes Pleasanton Unified School District a special place to work?
Pleasanton has a proud history of support for its public schools, which were established in 1867 — even before the city was incorporated. Today, Pleasanton Unified School District serves over 14,500 students in nine elementary schools, three middle schools, two comprehensive high schools and one continuation high school.
Why do teachers prefer Pleasanton?
Our newly hired teachers were asked why they chose to teach in Pleasanton. Here are their responses:
- The district is known as being student-centered.
- Parents and community members support local schools.
- Schools are equipped with the latest technology.
- Teachers are well compensated here.
- The district takes a team approach to problem solving.
- Job satisfaction can be found where people are committed to what they do.
- Teachers receive support, especially new teachers.
- The district has a reputation for excellence.
- The philosophy of education (Building on the past... Planning for the future) shines through.
What professional growth opportunities are available in Pleasanton?
- In-District staff development.
- On-site buddy system for new teachers.
- Opportunities to serve on curriculum development committees and participate in staff development.
- Training for leading edge technologies.
Eligible new teachers participate in the Pleasanton New Teacher Project. The PNTP provides intensive coaching and training to new teachers based on the California Standards for the Teaching Profession. PNTP training helps to improve instruction for Pleasanton’s students through high-quality teacher support and professional development.
Bargaining Unit Information
The District recognizes the Association of Pleasanton Teachers (APT) as the sole representative of all non-management employees requiring a credential. All issues related to wages, hours, and working conditions must be formally bargained before the district can implement them.
See the files below to view a copy of the certificated collective bargaining agreement (APT contract), approved salary schedule, and APT-approved Work Year Instructional Calendars.
Pleasanton Unified School District provides up to $5000 in medical benefits with access to vision and dental. Certificated employees working 50% or more are expected to participate in PUSD health benefits or provide proof of alternate health coverage. Less than half-time employees are not eligible to participate in medical health benefits. Health benefit costs are 100% employee paid through a pre-tax payroll deduction.
Dental coverage is mandatory for all employees working 20 hours per week, or more, regardless of outside coverage. Less than half-time employees are not eligible to participate in dental coverage.
Course work planned for advancement on the salary schedule must be PRE-APPROVED using this Form.
Pre-approval is required by your immediate supervisor and Human Resources.
**Please allow 2 weeks for pre-approval BEFORE registering for any courses.
Options for course work submitted for pre-approval may now include:
- CEU - Continuing Education Units
- PEDU - Professional Education Development Units
- Community College Courses
The updated pre-approval form also requires staff to list the reason a course will be taken, including:
- Added Authorization
- Required for State Credential
- Advanced Degree
Apply Online in Three Easy Steps
The Pleasanton Unified School District accepts applications year round. For your convenience, please apply online.
- Complete online application.
- Review Job Postings for current open positions. Applicants must comply with all elements of the application process to be considered for a position.
- To Apply for a Specific Position: For your convenience, those who have established an application, please apply online.
Forgot Your Login Information?
Need Online Access?
If you do not have online access, please feel free to come by the Human Resources Department and apply on an available online terminal. Note that you must bring with you all pertinent information to complete your application. All applications are read by screening teams.