PUSD is currently hiring Certificated Substitutes! Please apply on EdJoin. If there is no current posting, please call (925) 426-4320 for more information.
Certificated Substitutes are a vital resource to our schools, but more important, they are essential for the uninterrupted learning of our students. Due to the implementation of Common Core and other teacher enrichment programs, Pleasanton is currently hiring qualified substitutes.
One of the following credentials:
- California Teaching Credential
- Emergency 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit
- If you hold a Degree from an accredited U.S. University or College and have passed the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST), Pleasanton Unified will apply for an Emergency 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit on your behalf. Please visit cbest.nesinc.com for information regarding the CBEST.
What is an Emergency 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit?
The Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit authorizes the holder to serve as a day-to-day substitute teacher in any classroom, including preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1–12 inclusive, or in classes organized primarily for adults. The holder may serve as a substitute for no more than 30 days for any one teacher during the school year, except in a special education classroom, where the holder may serve for no more than 20 days for any one teacher during the school year. This permit is valid for one year and is renewable.
How to Apply
Please apply through EdJoin.
PUSD is currently hiring Classified Substitutes for the following positions:
- Special Needs
- Education Assistants
- School Bus Driver
- Kids Club
Please apply on EdJoin. If there is no current posting, please call (925) 426-4320 for more information.
Documents required from Classified Substitutes
- Tuberculosis clearance (TB test within the last 60 days)
- DOJ Fingerprint clearance
- I-9 Documentation (For example, Driver's License, Passport, Social Security Card).
Classified Substitutes are paid an hourly rate. The rate is determined at Step One of the Range of the position that they are subbing.
Any offer of employment is subject to a criminal history check. Fingerprint clearance by the Department of Justice must be received prior to employment.