New Student Enrollment
All New Student Enrollments will be processed at your school of residence. Please follow the steps below in order to complete your new enrollment.
Welcome to the Pleasanton Unified School District! We are excited about your child's entry into our school community!
Enrollment is only for students who are new to the Pleasanton Unified School District. New enrollments are accepted throughout the school year when a new student moves into the Pleasanton Unified School District boundary. Students are enrolled in the district one time and will complete the annual registration process every year at the beginning of each school year.
Students are enrolled in a school-based on their address. The PUSD School Locator will indicate the resident schools (elementary, middle, and high) for Pleasanton addresses. Due to increased and growing enrollment at certain school sites for specific grade levels, some families may be assigned to a school other than their school of residence. Therefore, please make every effort to complete your enrollment process early. If your child is overflowed to another school in the District, staff will keep your child on a waitlist and call you during the school year if space becomes available.
Also, please know that the Pleasanton Unified School District does not provide transportation (school buses). Transportation to and from school is the responsibility of each family. There is public transportation available through the Tri-Valley Rapid Wheels Bus. Please visit the Wheels Bus website for more information regarding routes. In addition to transportation by individual car, families are also encouraged to have their child walk to and from school ride a bike or scooter.
2022-23 New Student Enrollment
Follow the enrollment steps below to complete your new student enrollment.
2023-24 New Student Enrollment
- TK, Kindergarten and Grades 1-12 New Student enrollment for the 2023-24 school year will open on Feb. 6, 2023.
- The first day of school for the 2023-24 school year is TBD.
- State eligibility for Kindergarten: The child must turn 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2023.
- State eligibility for Transitional Kindergarten: The child must turn 5 between Sept. 2, 2023 and April 2, 2024.
- Parents of current PUSD TK students do not need to complete a new enrollment for Kindergarten.
- Monday, Feb. 28, 2023, is the deadline for completed enrollment packages to be received and verified in order to be included in a lottery, should one be necessary at your resident school site.
- Enrollments received after Feb. 28, 2023, are received on a first-come, first-serve basis. If a school site does not have space remaining in that particular grade level, the student will be overflowed (placed) at one of our other PUSD schools.
- Please visit our TK/Kindergarten FAQ page for answers to the commonly asked questions about new student enrollment.
You must currently be a resident of Pleasanton and have two proofs of residency to complete this process. If you are moving into Pleasanton over the summer (June, July, or August), please wait until you have moved in to enroll.